WHY VOLUNTEER WITH BLUE LIGHT?
Volunteers do make the world go round, and in the case of Blue Light Victoria, we simply couldn’t do our events and programs without the invaluable help and contribution of our amazing volunteers.
- Happiness – Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer;
- Health – Sustained volunteering is associated with better mental health;
- Community – The experience of helping others provides meaning, a sense of self-worth and inclusion; and
- Skill Building – Did you know over 85% of HR Managers look for volunteering on CVs? Learn new skills and get ahead in the job market.
What You Should Know Before Volunteering
Sometimes people ‘fall into’ volunteering, but sometimes people make a conscious decision to volunteer and then face the challenge of how to start.
- Decide that you want to contribute to your community by helping in the not-for-profit
- Think about your skills and interests—which of these would you most like to use, improve or obtain in your volunteering activities?
Blue Light has many opportunities available across Victoria for you to volunteer your time. All of our programs aim to promote positive experiences for young people. For this reason, it is essential for our organisation to thoroughly screen ALL volunteers to ensure that we provide a safe environment.
All volunteers will require:
- A current Working With Children Check (WWC)
- A National Police Check
- Will need to sign an agreement acknowledging that they understand our Code of Conduct for Working with Children.
Information to Get Started (Click for more information)
- Blue Light Volunteer Handbook
- I need to apply for a Working With Children Check
- Code of Conduct for Working With Children
- Apply for a Police Check Consent Form
- Current Blue Light Volunteer Opportunities
If you have any questions about volunteering for Blue Light or if you have skills you would like to offer, please fill out the form below. We will also add you to our volunteer database to keep you informed of upcoming volunteering opportunities.