Blue Light Alternative Strategies for Teenagers (BLAST) is a program, which has been successfully delivered by Blue Light across community groups in Victoria for a number of years. It is a model that offers a range of activities and processes for both individual and group work situations.
The program combines team building, problem solving, sports and physical challenges as well as personal development and self-reflective processes.
The BLAST Camp is run over a three-day period, covering a 2 night, 3 day program and often utilises the Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp located in Maldon, however this can be adapted if necessary.
All camps are run with high police involvement to encourage positive relationships between youth and police and form a part of ongoing support and engagement.
• Build trust levels with others
• Learn strategies for problem-solving
• Increase self-confidence
• Set goals for the future
• Experience being trustworthy
• Learn about teamwork
• Learn about the importance of asking for support when required
• Experience being successful in overcoming challenges
• Have the opportunity to think of mistakes as learning situations
• Learn the importance of breaking skill acquisition into small chunks
Many of these youth could benefit greatly from the initiative, yet to continue expanding these programme’s initiatives, we need public support. Kindly feel free to contribute your part to our objective to raise awareness and empowerment for our Victorian youth.