Blue EDGE Group Facilitator (Expression of Interest)
The Blue EDGE Program
Blue EDGE (Educate, Develop, Grow, Empower) is an 8-week program delivered twice weekly during the school term to a select group of 15-20 young people aged 12-15. This program aims to increase young people’s resilience and wellbeing using fitness and activity based learning. Partnering with local stakeholders and Victoria Police members, the program builds positive relationships between young people, the police and wider community support networks. Each term concludes with a full-day “longest day” adventure based excursion to bring together learnings.
After completion of the program a select number of students from each program will be invited to attend a 4 day Advanced Leadership Camp at the Victorian Blue Light Youth Camp centre.
The Blue EDGE program is delivered across the state in both metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria.
Hours and Basis of Employment
Casual ($42.55/hr) – Approx 6 hours per week over two days during school terms. Will also need to be available to attend the full day excursion component of the program. Attendance at induction and training will also be required (will be remunerated).
· Pre-program administrative functions including:
o Completion of Blue EDGE Facilitator Training
o Ensuring all program documentation has been obtained and reviewed prior to the commencement of group sessions.
o Liaising regularly with the Blue EDGE Program Coordinator and/or Program Administrator to provide feedback on individual sessions and program progress
o Completion of Workplace Health and Safety Checklist prior to all programs.
o Other tasks as appropriate
· Program delivery including:
o Facilitation of the Blue EDGE program at allocated school locations.
o Management of key stakeholder relationships
o Maintaining participant attendance records.
o Facilitation of the completion of participant evaluation surveys
o Facilitation of completion of feedback surveys by key stakeholders.
o Completion of facilitator feedback survey after each session.
o Undertaking other tasks as assigned by the Blue EDGE Program Office.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Degree in Youth Work, relevant Social Sciences, Teaching or related field coupled with at least 12 months experience in group facilitation.
– Ability to deliver a diverse range of workshops to groups of young people.
– Excellent organisational skills
– A strong understanding of issues surrounding young people.
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
– Problem solving skills
– Current First Aid certificate (including CPR)
– Team player who is approachable with strong interpersonal and listening skills together with the ability to empower.
– A valid state-based Working with Children Check.
– Candidate must pass a National Criminal Police Check.
– Experience in working with young people, and the ability to abide by child safe standards.
– Demonstrated competency in facilitating groups. This includes planning, delivering program materials, ensuring compliance with Blue EDGE programming and evaluation of program sessions.
– Ability to work with a wide array of young people including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, gender diverse, low socio-economic backgrounds in an inclusive manner.
– Highly developed interpersonal communication skills coupled with confidence in conflict resolution, and problem solving.
– Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
– Demonstrated experience or ability to develop and foster positive working relationships with key stakeholders, including Victoria Police members, schools and external partners.
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV, cover letter and location to email@example.com